- See Also : History of Carbon Stake.
Carbon County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Youth who strive to build up Zion across Utah and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Carbon County Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
Manti Utah Temple is the third temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints built west of the Mississippi River, after the pioneers westward trek. It is the biggest landmark of the Sanpete Valley. The temple was completed in 1888, and a private dedication was held on May 17, 1888, with a prayer written by Wilford Woodruff (1807-1898).