The Villahermosa Mexico Temple is the 85th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and the 8th temple completed in Mexico. This temple is located near the coast of Mexico's isthmus in a Mesoamerica region where ancient ruins are found in abundance. The area is often referred to as a Book of Mormon land; many believe that temples existed there anciently.
The groundbreaking ceremony for the Villahermosa Mexico Temple was held on the same day as the groundbreaking ceremony for the Ciudad Juarez Mexico Temple.
The Villahermosa Mexico Temple was dedicated on the same day as the Nashville Tennessee Temple.
The Villahermosa Mexico Temple serves members from 6 stakes and 3 districts headquartered in Tabasco, Southeastern Veracruz, and Southwestern Campeche:
- Cardenas Mexico Stake
- Villahermosa Mexico Gaviotas Stake
- Villahermosa Mexico Stake
- Zapata Mexico District
- Acayucan Mexico Stake
- Coatzacoalcos Mexico Stake
- Las Choapas Mexico District
- Minatitlan Mexico Tecnológico District
- Elpidio F. Contreras 2018–
- Marvin E. Turley 2015–2018
- Guillermo E. Garrido 2012–2015
- Jorge Méndez Ibarra 2009–2012
- Vicente I. Mederos 2006–2009
- Juan M. Cedeño Rodríguez 2003–2006
- F. Rufino Rodríguez 2000–2003