2020 New Stake Presidency
VIENNA AUSTRIA STAKE: (Aug. 16, 2020) President — Simon David Soucek, 40, divisional controller, Andritz AG; succeeding Roland J. Bäck; wife, Tamara Maria Skilich Soucek. Counselors — Levin Michael Merl, 38, field marketing manager DACH and EMEA, Hewlett Packard Enterprise; wife, Julia Karin Schulze Merl. Steven Frank Helmrich, 53, managing director EPU, Frank Helmrich Photography; wife, Johanna Helmrich-Lersch.
Austria Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Children preparing to build Zion across Utah and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Austria Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Freiberg Germany Temple is the 33rd operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), the 3rd temple completed in Europe, the first 1st temple in Germany and the first temple completed in a communist country. It stands in the northwest section of beautiful and historic Freiberg. Citizens of all faiths feel an owernship and pride in the building, which they refer to as "our" temple. Distribution Services and housing for the temple president, missionaries, and patrons are located west of the temple while a meetinghouse stands to the north. The attractive grounds are lovingly maintained and open to the public.