Lee County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Children preparing to build Zion and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Lee County, Mississippi Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Atlanta Georgia Temple is the 21st operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is the first built in the Southeastern United States and only the second built east of the Mississippi River since 1846. Located on the north side of the Atlanta metro area, it stands on a gentle hillside in the community of Sandy Springs. Highlighting the holy structure is a wall of heavenly stained glass that softly glows at night beneath the temple's single spire. It was the first of 89 temples to be dedicated by church president Gordon B. Hinckley.