2015 New Stake Creation
A new stake has been created from the Tucson Arizona Rincon Stake. The Tucson Arizona South Stake, which consists of the Tucson Wilmot Branch and the Cienega, Corona, Midvale, Vail, Valencia, and Los Reales Wards, was created by Elder Rafael Pino of the Seventy and Elder Leonard D. Greer, an Area Seventy.
TUCSON ARIZONA SOUTH STAKE (December 6, 2015): President—Sidney B. Henderson, 45, senior scientist; wife, Tina L. Wakild Henderson. Counselors—Robert Scott Morehead, 61, lab analyst; wife, Lila LeBaron Morehead. Eddie G. Gonzales, 39, self-employed; wife, Loreli Lamadrid Gonzales.
Pima County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your boys and girls to pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Children preparing to build Zion across Arizona and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Pima County, Arizona Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Tucson Arizona Temple was originally designed with a 95-foot steeple, which would have required a special permit. However, plans were altered, and the steeple was replaced with a dome-shaped cupola—reminiscent of the famous dome that crowns Italy's Florence Cathedral. It is the sixth temple built by the church in the state of Arizona.