2017 Stake Division
The International Conference Center in Accra, Ghana was filled to overflowing Sunday, April 23 2017 with members and friends of the Accra Ghana Christiansborg Stake and the Tema Ghana Stake, as well as two wards from the Ashaiman Ghana Stake, who came to witness and sustain the organization of the Teshie Ghana Stake. Because of the growth in membership in the area, it became necessary to divide some wards off of each stake, as well as two wards from the Ashaiman Stake, and join them together to create this new stake. 
Elder Terence M. Vinson presided over the 10:00 A.M. session while President Isaac Kwabena Abankwah conducted the proceedings. A choir made up of members from both stakes performed beautiful hymns, both during the prelude and postlude, as well as during the meeting.
Ghana Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Ghana Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Accra Ghana Temple is the 117th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and the 1st temple completed in Ghana, after second African temple after Johannesburg South Africa Temple (1985). The tradition of holding a youth cultural celebration before the dedication of a temple began with the dedication of the Accra Ghana Temple at the request of President Gordon B. Hinckley.
- Ghana List of Stakes of the Church
- Teshie Ghana Stake- Facebook
- This profile prepared by courtesy of Ghana Scouting Association. Building a brighter future for our youth.