- FKA: Mount Rainier Stake (1971)
- FKA: Puyallup Washington Stake (1974)
The Puyallup Washington Stake (505978) since 01/14/1974, originally Mount Rainier Stake (01/17/1971), has been recently renamed "Sumner Washington Stake - 505978". (c. 2020) Unknown name change date.
Pierce County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Youth who strive to build up Zion in their own communities.
6. Local Recreation:
- Pierce County, Washington Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Seattle Washington Temple is the 19th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is located on a gently rising hill across from Bellevue College. Surrounding the temple are features such as a cascading water feature, family-themed statues, and numerous brightly colored flowers, hedges, and a grove of beautiful Washington evergreens.