See Also :
- LDS Church History Map of St George Utah - Interactive Map: Latter-day Saint Places of Interest, St. George and Santa Clara.
- Encampment Mall Memorial - Tribute to LDS Church Pioneers that settled St. George in 1861-62.
- First Families of St. George, Utah
- Notable people of St. George, Utah
- St. George Family Activities - Local landmarks and history groups. ScoutHut.
Washington County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Washington County, Utah Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
St. George Utah Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Completed in 1877, it was the church's third temple completed, but the first in Utah, following the migration west of members from Nauvoo, following the death of the church's founder, Joseph Smith making it the oldest continually operating temple of the church. It will be closing in 2019 for a major two-year renovation program.
- Utah List of Stakes of the Church
- Washington County Historical Society (Utah) -
- Notable People of St. George UT -
- First Families of St. George UT -
- Churches of St. George Utah -