2021 Stake Creation
Today (25 July 2021), the Church in the Philippines organized a new stake in southern Luzon by Elder Yoon Hwan Choi, General Authority Seventy, and Elder Jose G. Manarin, an Area Seventy. The Sipocot Philippines Stake was organized from the Pamplona Philippines District (organized in 2000). The new stake includes the following five wards and two branches: the Libmanan, Lubigan, Pamplona, Pasacao, and Sipocot Wards, and the Del Gallego and Ragay Branches. 
SIPOCOT PHILIPPINES STAKE: (July 25, 2021) President — Christian Renales Repuya, 32, Bicol State College of Applied Sciences and Technology instructor; wife, Glorie Gullpan Sumalinog Repuya. Counselors — Carl Jan De Leon Torres, 24, Central Bicol State University of Agriculture instructor and BYU–Pathway instructor. Christopher Evalla Jueves, 46, Department of Education teacher; wife, Erlinda Gonzales Cedron Jueves.
Most of the congregations in the new stake are Bikolano speaking. The Pamplona Philippines District pertained to the Philippines Naga Mission prior to the creation of the new stake. Now, only stakes operate within the Philippines Naga Mission. Naga appears one of the most likely locations in the Philippines to have a future temple announced given the nearest temple is in the Manila metropolitan area. A future temple in Naga could service seven stakes and six districts in southern Luzon and Masbate, and it appears likely that two of the stakes may divided soon due to a large number of wards. It is unclear whether any of the five districts in southern Luzon appear likely to become stakes soon. There are now 123 stakes and 56 districts in the Philippines.
Philippines Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Philippines Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Manila Philippines Temple is the 29th operating temple of the Church and is the first temple built in the Philippines (1984). Standing on a hilltop that overlooks the Marikina Valley, the Manila Philippines Temple anchors a complex of Church buildings including a temple annex, a patron housing facility, a missionary training center, and area offices. The beautiful grounds, open to the public, are filled with majestic palm trees and lush, colorful vegetation.