- FKA: Santa Maria Stake (1963)
2020 New Stake Presidency
SANTA MARIA CALIFORNIA STAKE: (Aug. 30, 2020) President — Cameron Michael Fernandez, 42, attorney, Law Office of Cameron M. Fernandez; succeeding Darren W. Hulstine; wife, Rachael Raelene Amavisca Fernandez. Counselors — Kenneth Ray Dalebout, 53, vice president of stratety and operations, Dignity Health; wife, Angela Kaye Callister Dalebout. Timothy Gene Papworth, 57, educator, Lompoc Unified School District; wife, Lara Lorelle Phillips Papworth.
Santa Barbara County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
The Los Angeles California Temple is the 10th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is the second-largest temple of the church and is located on Santa Monica Boulevard in the Westwood district. The grounds include a visitors' center, which was renovated in 2010, the Los Angeles Regional Family History Center, both of which are open to the public, and the headquarters of the church's California Los Angeles Mission.