- FKA: Spanish Fork Utah Salem Stake (1975)
2021 Stake Division
The Salem Utah Woodland Hills Stake was organized on January 31st. The new stake was created from a division of the Salem Utah Stake which had 15 wards within its boundaries prior to the stake division. The new stake includes the following eight wards: the Foothills, Harvest Ridge, Loafer Canyon, Maple Canyon, Mount Loafer, Oak View, Salem 6th, and Woodland Hills Wards. There are now three stakes in Salem. There are now 615 stakes and two districts in Utah.
SALEM UTAH STAKE: (Jan. 31, 2021) President — Steven Royal Griffiths, 58, BYU facilities engineer; succeeding David V. Clare; wife, Gina Morley Griffiths. Counselors — Brian Gregory Mead, 42, Seminaries and Institutes adapted needs adviser; wife, Annie Michelle Ricks Mead. Michael A Wilson, 54, Arbinger Institute director client services and Pier 49 Pizza Draper co-owner; wife, Susan Lacy Campbell Wilson.
Utah County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Utah County, Utah Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Payson Utah Temple was the fifteenth temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints built in Utah and the third built in Utah County. The site offers scenic mountain views and a convenient location, just a mile from the 800 South exit of I-15.