- FKA: Utrecht Stake (1978)
Netherlands Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Netherlands Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Hague Netherlands Temple is the 114th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (LDS Church) and the 1st temple completed in Metropolitan Netherlands. A church building was razed to permit construction of the The Hague Netherlands Temple since the city would allow only one building on the site, which is located in a city park. The The Hague Netherlands Temple is located in Zoetermeer, which translates to Sweet Lake in English. So, while Utah has the Salt Lake Temple, the Netherlands has the "Sweet Lake Temple." This Temple sits below sea level.