2019 New Stake Presidency
(Sept. 29, 2019) President — Brandon Russell King, 38, teacher/principal; succeeding Gregory L. Staker; wife, Emily Renay Tracy King. Counselors — Keith Pratt Hicken, 58, manager, Recreation Properties Unlimited, and business owner; wife, Nerissa Acosta Balingit Hicken. Todd Sterling Jensen, 57, grader operator, Encana, Chapman Construction; wife, Drinda Kay Gibson Jensen. 
Duchesne County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Youth who strive to build up Zion across the Beehive State and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Duchesne County, Utah Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Vernal Utah Temple, 51st operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is a historic landmark of the Ashley Valley landscape. Constructed inside the red-brick shell of the pioneer-built Uintah Stake Tabernacle, it is located just two blocks south of Main Street, where the domes of the temple and the steeple of the adjacent Vernal Utah Glines Stake Center are visible to travelers along Highway 191. Colorful flowers and beautiful mature trees on the temple grounds enhance the captivating architecture of the building.