2005 New Stake Creation
Queen Creek Arizona South Stake, which includes the Brenner Pass, Castlegate, Copper Basin, Creekside, Johnson Ranch, San Tan Heights and Skyline wards, has been created by Elder Paul V. Johnson of the Seventy.
QUEEN CREEK ARIZONA SOUTH STAKE: (Oct. 30, 2005) Created from the Queen Creek Arizona Stake and the Queen Creek Arizona East Stake. President — Ernest Lawes, 59, self-employed; wife, Shari Renee Lawes. Counselors — Kase McKee Rothlisberger, 33, general manager at Pinto Creek Management; wife, Leanne Layton Rothlisberger. Larry Michael Ray, 60, vice president compliance at First Credit Union; wife, Janet Barr Ray. 
Maricopa County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your boys and girls to pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Children preparing to build Zion across Arizona and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Maricopa County, Arizona Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
On May 15, 2012, hundreds of spectators gathered to the Gilbert Arizona Temple to witness the raising of the gold-leafed angel Moroni statue atop the single central spire. Numerous students, who attend a grade school across the street from the temple, gathered in the school parking lot that day with their families. As Moroni began his flight, a large group of middle school students created a spiritually poignant moment as they broke into song, singing the Primary favorite I Love to See the Temple.