- FKA: Nebo Stake (1901)
- FKA: Payson Utah Nebo Stake
Payson 2nd Ward
Payson 2nd Ward chapel. Sadly this building is for sale right now. Built in 1896. Dedicated in 1897 by Joseph F. Smith after the ward paid the $5,000 it cost to build. Amusement hall added later. Renovated and remodeled in 1934, 1937, 1954, and 1970. It is on the National Register as part of the Payson Historic District. Affectionately referred to as the Green Church.
Utah County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Utah County, Utah Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Payson Utah Temple was the fifteenth temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints built in Utah and the third built in Utah County. The site offers scenic mountain views and a convenient location, just a mile from the 800 South exit of I-15.