- 1st Stake of the Church in Metropolitan France (1975)
France Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Children preparing to build Zion across Utah and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- French Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Paris France Temple is the 156th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (LDS Church) and the 1st temple completed in Metropolitan France. This Temple graces the streets of Le Chesnay in the western suburbs of Paris, just a stone's throw away from the vast grounds of the Palace of Versailles where French royalty once resided. A marble reproduction of Thorvaldsen's Christus statue is a focal point of the beautifully landscaped grounds, accented by water features on the north and south ends of the property. Guests are welcomed at a visitors' center that features a three-dimensional cut-away model of the temple.