- FKA: Papillion Nebraska Stake (1986)
31 Mar 2019 Stake Division
The Church organized a new stake in Nebraska for the first time since 1991. The Omaha Nebraska Millard Stake was organized on March 31st from a division of the Omaha Nebraska Stake and the Omaha Nebraska Papillion Stake. The new stake includes the following seven wards and one branch: the Chalco Hills, Elmwood, Gretna, Harrison Hills, Millard, Rockbrook, and Lakeview Wards, and Field Club Branch. There are now four stakes in the Omaha metropolitan area (three on the Nebraska side, one on the Iowa side). There are now five stakes in Nebraska.
Douglas County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Douglas County, Nebraska Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Winter Quarters Nebraska Temple is the 104th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is the first temple built in Nebraska. The temple site adjacent to a Church-owned pioneer cemetery in Historic Winter Quarters in Florence, a district of Omaha. Nearby is the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters.