30 June 2019 Division
The Church organized a new stake in central Florida on June 30th. The Ocala Florida Stake was organized from a division of the Gainesville Florida Stake and the Leesburg Florida Stake. The new stake includes the following five wards and two branches: the Belleview, Lecanto, Ocala 1st, Ocala 2nd, and Williston Wards, and the Cross City and Ocala 3rd (Spanish) Branches. It was created by Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and Elder Douglas B. Carter, an Area Seventy.
OCALA FLORIDA STAKE (June 30, 2019): President—Darrell Keith Brantley, 46, contractor, owner, Brantley’s Service and Maintenance; wife, Lisa Dawn Graham Brantley. Counselors—Bryon Reece Aven, 42, assistant state attorney, Marion County State Attorney’s Office; wife, Megan Kay Kippen Aven. William David Patton, 66, president, Molina Healthcare of Utah; wife, Wendy Leigh Kaylor Patton. 
There are now 33 stakes in Florida. This was also the 33rd new stake created by the church this year.
Central Florida Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. National LDS Homeschool Association: an LDS gospel based homeschool program Strengthening families by building connections, sharing resources, and providing training.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Children preparing to build Zion and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Marion County, Florida Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
Orlando Florida Temple sits overlooking a chain of lakes on the edge of the Orlando suburb of Windermere in an area described as one of Florida's most beautiful locations. The temple is characterized by its white exterior, graceful columns, arched windows, and delightful water features. Palms trees and shrubs are planted generously across the temple grounds that are open to the public.