2004 New Stake Creation
(Feb. 22, 2004) President — Mark Davis Bradshaw, 49, attorney; succeeding Richard Farrell Raymond; wife, Kay Gunnell Bradshaw. Counselors — Gyle Gordon Thornhill, 46, vice president at Aero Design & Manufacturing; wife, Debra Kay Belnap Thornhill. Mark Wanslee Killian, 48; wife, Nancy Joan Hoopes Killian. 
Maricopa County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your boys and girls to pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Children preparing to build Zion across Arizona and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Maricopa County, Arizona Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Mesa Arizona Temple was one of the first three temples announced in 1919 by the church to be built outside of Utah. Somewhat similar in design to the Cardston Alberta Temple and Laie Hawaii Temple. During Christmas there is a light display and a nativity scene. During late March to early April, the temple hosts the Mesa Arizona Easter Pageant Jesus the Christ, which attracts approximately 150,000 people annually and is the "largest annual outdoor Easter pageant in the world."