2021 New Stake Presidency
MERTHYR TYDFIL WALES STAKE: (May 23, 2021) President — Simon James Hayes, 34, Frontiers Media SA global compensation and benefits partner; succeeding Ian M. Govier; wife, Jodi Louise Drew Hayes. Counselors — Mark Stuart Webb, 57, Powyhs County Council teaching assistant, and Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service on-call firefighter; wife, Jane Maria Farrant Webb. Karl Robert Wilcox, 42, Ashmole & Co/KR Wilcox Lyd partner; wife, Amy Louise Miles Wilcox.
Wales Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Children preparing to build Zion across Europe and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- United Kingdom Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The London England Temple is the 12th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the 1st temple built in Europe. Occupying an exceptionally handsome estate in the southern English countryside with several buildings share the site—most notably a three-story, 40-room Elizabethan-style mansion—known as the Manor House, which has served various purposes for the Church over the years including patron housing and missionary training center. Surrounding the temple are 10 acres of paradise-like formal grounds featuring Eden Brook on the southern border of the property and numerous stately oak trees including the plaque-bearing "David O. McKay Oak." A picturesque pond sits to the southwest creating inspiring reflections of the temple both day and night.