2019: Stake Division
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints organized a new stake in the Maputo metropolitan area on September 22nd. The Matola Mozambique Stake was organized from a division of the Maputo Mozambique Stake. The new stake includes the following five wards and one branch: the Liberdade, Matola, Mozal, Ndlavela, and T-3 Wards, and the Beluluane Branch. The new stake is the Church's second stake in the Maputo metropolitan area, and the Church's fourth stake in Mozambique. The Church organized its first stake in Mozambique in Maputo in February 2015. There are now four stakes and one district in Mozambique.
Mozambique Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Mozambique Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Durban South Africa Temple is the 168th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and the 2nd temple completed in South Africa, after the Johannesburg South Africa Temple (1985). This temple is constructed on a hillside property near the ocean and the N2 highway in the Izinga development of Umhlanga Rocks, just north of Durban. Umhlanga is one of the fastest growing cities in South Africa, which enjoys a low crime rate and is known for having the largest shopping mall in the southern hemisphere—the Gateway Theatre of Shopping.