2019 New Stake Creation
A new stake has been created from the Dinalupihan Philippines District. The Lubao Philippines Stake, which consists of the Dinalupihan, Floridablanca, Guagua, Lubao 1st, and Lubao 2nd wards, was created by Elder Evan A. Schmutz, General Authority Seventy, and Elder Carlos G. Revillo Jr., an Area Seventy.
LUBAO PHILIPPINES STAKE (December 8, 2019): President—Ivan Anthony Cordero Hirro, 55, editorial designer and lecturer; wife, Edna Jensen Estigoy Hirro. Counselors—Mark Anthony Canlas Malig, 33, secondary school teacher; wife, Justine Maebel Dadal Cervantes Malig. Allan Mark Manog Santos, 36, HR and operations assistant, Maricel Ocampo; wife, Fe Maho De los Santos.
Philippines Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Philippines Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Manila Philippines Temple is the 29th operating temple of the Church and is the first temple built in the Philippines (1984). Standing on a hilltop that overlooks the Marikina Valley, the Manila Philippines Temple anchors a complex of Church buildings including a temple annex, a patron housing facility, a missionary training center, and area offices. The beautiful grounds, open to the public, are filled with majestic palm trees and lush, colorful vegetation.
- [2019 ChurchNews Archives]