- FKA: Hollywood Stake (1927)
Stake Presidents include:
- John Marshall Russon (1911-2000) - former bishop of Hollywood Ward and afterwards President for the Swiss Mission and St. George Utah Temple (1981-1986). He was also President of the BSA Los Angeles Area Council and distinguished with the BSA Silver Beaver and Silver Antelope Awards.
Los Angeles County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - Striving to build up Zion in their own communities, LDS youth are gathering their forces.
6. Local Recreation:
The Los Angeles California Temple is the 10th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is the second-largest temple of the church and is located on Santa Monica Boulevard in the Westwood district. The grounds include a visitors' center, which was renovated in 2010, the Los Angeles Regional Family History Center, both of which are open to the public, and the headquarters of the church's California Los Angeles Mission.
- Obituary of John M. Russon - DeseretNews 2000