- Originally called "Cache Stake"
- 1st Oldest LDS Stake in Cache Valley (1877)
- 13th Operating Stake of the LDS Church
In 1877, Cache Stake was organized as the 13th operating stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with Moses Thatcher (1842-1909) as its first stake president. In 1879 President Thatcher was called to The Qourum of Twelve Apostles. He was one of only a few members of the Quorum of the Twelve to be dropped from the Quorum but to remain in good standing in the church and retain the priesthood office of apostle.
2021 New Stake Presidency
LOGAN UTAH CACHE STAKE: (March 7, 2021) President — Richard Brad Ellis, 58, Icon Health and Fitness engineering project manager; succeeding David M. Simmons; wife, Teresa Katherine Ward Ellis. Counselors — Kaylon Jeffrey Anderson, 38, Department of Defense structural engineer; Stephanie Taylor Anderson. Jacob Garrett Stacy, 42, Paradise Creek Recovery Center clinical therapist and program manager; wife, Nicole Lee Cannon Stacy.
Logan UT Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Youth who strive to build up Zion across Utah and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Cache Valley Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
On May 17, 1884 the Logan Utah Temple was dedicated by LDS Church president John Taylor. The design incorporates an unusual amount of Gothic detailing compared with other temples, which are more Renaissance or Byzantine-inspired. It is the 2nd oldest operating temple of the church and serves the saints in Cache Valley.