2021 Altus Chapel Fire
After a fire burned an Oklahoma meetinghouse, the community stepped in to help. “I’ve been super impressed with the outpouring of support from the community,” Bishop Barron said of the response to the Sunday, Jan. 31, fire. “We had eight different places offering space for us — four of them are churches.
“And then there are people who have reached to me and said that we’ve prayed for you in church. People have asked how they can donate to our building fund. It’s just touching to see how the community takes this personally …. and sees our church as part of the community.”
Read More Here at ChurchNews.
Comanche County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Children preparing to build Zion and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Comanche County, Oklahoma Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Oklahoma City Oklahoma Temple is the 95th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The temple was closed in 2017, for an extensive renovation project that altered the exterior appearance of the building and fully upgraded the interior. It was rededicated on Sunday, May 19, 2019.