2020 New Stake Presidency
LAS VEGAS NEVADA HIGHLAND HILLS STAKE: (Sept. 20, 2020) President — Bryan C Vellinga, 48, Garden Farms of Nevada LLC owner and operator; succeeding Kevin R Stolworthy; wife, Brittany Lyn Jeffery Vellinga. Counselors — Tracy D Wyatt, 43, Wyatt Orthodontic owner and orthodontist; wife, Erica Bingham Wyatt. Kristopher Alexander, 45, self-employed business owner; wife, Suzanne Lawrence Alexander.
Clark County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Clark County, Nevada Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Las Vegas Nevada Temple, 43rd operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is located the eastern edge of the city—far from the glitz and glamour of the world-famous Las Vegas Strip. Here it stands as a spiritual beacon in the City of Lights. The six soaring spires rising from the building echo the arresting red desert peaks of nearby Sunrise Mountain. Flourishing flowers and trees adorn the verdant grounds of the temple. Visitors are welcome to walk the surrounding pathways to feel the peace that eminates from this sacred structure.