- FKA: BYU-Hawaii 1st Stake (1977)
Honolulu County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Honolulu County, Hawaii Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Laie Hawaii Temple is the 5th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was the first temple built in Hawaii. The temple sits on a small hill a half-mile from the Pacific Ocean in the town of Laie, 35 miles from Honolulu. Along with BYU-Hawaii and the PCC, the Laie Hawaii Temple plays an important role in the town of Lā'ie with over 100,000 people yearly passing through its visitor's center.