Nigeria Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Nigeria Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Aba Nigeria Temple is the 121st operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and the 1st temple completed in Nigeria. The highly visible site of the Aba Nigeria Temple is situated on the outskirts of Aba, north of the Ogbor River. A concrete bridge—constructed by the Church—spans the river, granting access to the temple complex, which includes a stake center and an administration office building with guest rooms.