2021 New Stake Creation
The Kumasi Ghana Konongo Stake was organized on September 26th from the Kumasi Ghana Konongo District. The new stake includes the following seven wards and four branches: the Ahenbronum, Ahyiaem, Domeabra, Freetown, Lowcost, Nkawkaw 2nd, and the Patriensa Nyaboo Wards, and the Akoasi, Juaso, Mpraeso, and the Nkawkaw 2nd Branches. All of the congregations in the new stake are located in the Konongo and Nkawkaw area. It was created by Elder Jörg Klebingat, a General Authority Seventy, and Elder Daniel Kabason, an Area Seventy. There are now 28 stakes and 9 districts in Ghana. 
KUMASI GHANA KONONGO STAKE: (Sept. 26, 2021) President — Paul Oppong, 61, retired; wife, Margaret Denin. Counselors — Kofi Boakye, 53, Rocksure International drill rig maintenance supervisor; wife, Wendy Adutwumwaa Boakye. Jonathan Boateng Amankwah, 38, Nabco coordinator; wife, Comfort Asabea Owusu Amankwah.
Ghana Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Ghana Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Accra Ghana Temple is the 117th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and the 1st temple completed in Ghana, after second African temple after Johannesburg South Africa Temple (1985). The tradition of holding a youth cultural celebration before the dedication of a temple began with the dedication of the Accra Ghana Temple at the request of President Gordon B. Hinckley.
- Ghana List of Stakes of the Church
- This profile prepared by courtesy of Ghana Scouting Association. Building a brighter future for our youth.