We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Fédération des Scouts de la République démocratique du Congo (FESCO) - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple is the 163rd operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (LDS Church) and the 1st temple completed in Congo. This will be the fourth temple in Africa; three others are currently operating are the Johannesburg South Africa Temple, Accra Ghana Temple and Aba Nigeria Temple. The Durban South Africa Temple is under construction and the Abidjan Ivory Coast (Côte d’Ivoire) Temple has been announced. It stands next to the Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Stake Center on land that was reserved for several years for a future temple. An institute and seminary building also operates on the 10-acre property.