- Stake center adjacent to Indianapolis Indiana Temple
2021 Fishers Stake Creation
A new stake was organized in Indiana on April 11th. The Fishers Indiana Stake was organized from the Indianapolis Indiana North Stake and the Lafayette Indiana Stake. The new stake includes the following six wards: the Fishers 1st, Fishers 2nd, Fishers 3rd, Kokomo, Lawrence, and Noblesville Wards. The new stake is the Church's fourth stake in the Indianapolis metropolitan area and the first new stake organized in Indiana since 2007. There are now 12 stakes in Indiana.
Marion County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Marion County, Indiana Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Indianapolis Indiana Temple is the 148th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is the first temple built in Indiana. The design of the stately spire of the Indianapolis Indiana Temple draws inspiration from the historic memorials and monuments found in the heart of Indianapolis, such as the Indiana World War Memorial and the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument.