Hong Kong Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Taiwan Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Hong Kong China Temple is the 48th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the 1st temple built in China. It is located in the quiet residential district of Kowloon Tong, a suburb of Hong Kong on the Kowloon Peninsula. The striking edifice, inspired by Hong Kong colonial architecture, features vertical columns of art glass, ornamented exterior walls, and a captivating water feature outside the enclosed temple grounds. Across the street from the temple is a three-story Church facility containing a meetinghouse, mission offices, housing facilities, and a distribution center.