Salt Lake County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Salt Lake County Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Draper Utah Temple is the 130th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Standing high on a ridgeline near the mouth of Draper's Corner Canyon—featuring 1,021 acres of dedicated open space-this temple offers a inspiring view of the entire Salt Lake Valley. The beautiful granite edifice shares a site with a meetinghouse and a joint parking lot, constructed at the same time as the temple. Visitors are welcome to roam the beautifully landscaped grounds and take in the spirit of this holy House of the Lord.