Gallatin County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Gallatin County, Montana Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
On the exterior, the Billings Montana Temple is unique in many ways. The spire, topped by a statue of Angel Moroni, rises from a tiered tower faced with louvered vents that appear to be shuttered windows. The west end of the single story building is accentuated by a stained-glass bay window. The temple grounds are landscaped with lawns, flower gardens and more than 250 trees and 4,500 shrubs. Retaining walls and fence foundations are built of manufactured stones painted to match the prominent, 300-foot-high Rimrock cliffs that border the rear side of the temple property.