Stake Formation 1980
This stake was formed in 1980 with Duane B Welling (1930-2017) as the first stake president. He practiced law and was the president of the Davis County Bar Association. He also served as Bishop, Stake President, Regional Representative, Stake Patriarch and President of the Iowa, Des Moines LDS Mission. He continued to serve as he chaired the Open House for the Bountiful Temple, served in the Temple Presidency, and then as a sealer for many years. He was known for always having a treat in his pocket and a twinkle in his eye.
Davis County Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - LDS Youth who strive to build up Zion across Utah and around the world.
6. Local Recreation:
- Davis County Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Bountiful Utah Temple is the 47th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). Located sitting high in the eastern foothills with a great panoramic view over the city and the Great Salt Lake. Patrons are greeted by a great circular columned atrium and cascading water features on the east side of the temple.