2016 : New Stake Presidency
ANCHORAGE ALASKA STAKE (October 16, 2016): President—Boyd Cornell Esplin, 49, owner/physical therapist, Chugach Physical Therapy; succeeding Wesley D. Newman; wife, Mary Ann Phelon Esplin. Counselors—David Broadbent McCarrey, 63, contractor; wife, Donna Marie McCarrey. Shaun Todd Debenham, 43, owner, Debenham Properties; wife, Megan Challis Debenham 
Alaska Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Stripling Warriors on Facebook - Striving to build up Zion in their own communities, LDS youth are gathering their forces.
6. Local Recreation:
- Anchoraoge,_Alaska Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks -
The Anchorage Alaska Temple stands just east of highly traveled Seward Highway in southern Anchorage. A beautiful grove of trees and the majestic Chugach Mountains create a stunning backdrop for this holy house. Its announcement in 1997 by President Gordon B. Hinckley was received with great joy for it was to be among the first of a concept for smaller sized temples to serve the more remote congregations of the church in the latter-days.