- Original Stake in Accra Ghana (1991 ?)
2018 Madina Stake Creation
(21 Jan 2018) A new stake was created from the Accra Ghana Adenta Stake and the Accra Ghana Ofankor Stake. The Accra Ghana Madina Stake, which consists of the Haatso and Legion branches and the Achimota, Agbogba, Ashaley Botwe, Kwabenya, Madina 1st and Madina 2nd wards, was created by Elder Marcus B. Nash, General Authority Seventy, and Elder Anthony Quaisie, an Area Seventy.
2007 McCarthy Hill Stake Creation
The Accra Ghana Kasoa Stake was formerly known as the Accra Ghana McCarthy Hill Stake when it was originally created in 2007.
(June 17, 2007) Created from the Accra Ghana Christiansborg Stake, Accra Ghana Adenta Stake and the Kpong Ghana District. President Philip Kwame Weah Yawson Xaxagbe, 55, Church area materials manager; wife, Agnes Youra Logo Xaxagbe. Counselors — Arnorld Ofoe Odonkor, 41, Church accounting services supervisor; wife, Sethrina Atsufi Degbortse Odonkor. Ekow Pieterson Ashon, 49, real estate administrative manager at Tracoaf Estates; wife, Bertha Tettey Ashon.
Ghana Home Centered Church Opportunities
We teach that true religion begins in the home: "Home Centered / Church Supported". To that end families may consider the following local resources and programs to strengthen your core beliefs and values:
1. Come Follow Me: - Daily & Weekly family gospel study
2. Vanguard Scouting: - Featuring age-appropriate Family Activities, Service, Crafts, Field Trips, & Outdoor Adventures. The Benefits of Scouting are many, and there are lots of personal growth ideas to help your family pursue the new Churchwide Children & Youth Program.
3. LIFE School Curriculum: an LDS gospel based homeschool program that is built on the foundation of the scriptures, giving the child a sense of who he is and setting him on the path of discovering his divine mission. It is presented in a four year chronological rotation, integrating all areas of study to create a clear picture of the history of our world.
4. Family History: Resources to help you explore your family tree
5. Local Recreation:
- Ghana Scouting - Outdoor Trails, camping, museums and other family attractions.
- Pioneer Treks
The Accra Ghana Temple is the 117th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and the 1st temple completed in Ghana, after second African temple after Johannesburg South Africa Temple (1985). The tradition of holding a youth cultural celebration before the dedication of a temple began with the dedication of the Accra Ghana Temple at the request of President Gordon B. Hinckley.
- Ghana List of Stakes of the Church
- Accra Ghana Adenta Stake on Facebook
- This profile prepared by courtesy of Ghana Scouting Association. Building a brighter future for our youth.